The Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) published the ‘Interim Provisions for Quality Control Standards in Undergraduate Medical Education’ in English for international students in 2007. This was done to guarantee a high-quality and standardized educational experience for international students.
The following are the reasons why China is becoming a hot destination for MBBS:
1. There are 49 approved medical schools which come directly under the supervision of the Chinese Government. All of them are listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”.
2. The graduates from these universities are eligible to attend national medical screening tests such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, PLAB, HPCSA, SCHS, etc.
3. The cost of the complete course of MBBS in China is quite affordable as compared to U.S., Korea, Japan and other European countries.
4. China has Top Medical Universities which offer world class education with high quality standards and well experienced staff.
5. Students get ample opportunities in their field after completing their MBBS from China.
6. The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Chinese University are recognized by all the developed countries.